What We Believe
- The Word of God: The Bible is God’s Word to us and our final authority for Christian faith and practice.
- God: There is One God who is perfect in all His attributes, one in Essence yet eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. God is the Creator and Sustainer of all things.
- Man: Man was created in holiness by God but became a sinner by nature and choice through the sin of the first man Adam. Man is totally depraved and incapable of satisfying God’s holy law and deserving of His eternal judgment in Hell.
- The Gospel: The gospel is the “good news” that God sent His Son, Jesus Christ, into the world to live a sinless life, die the sinner’s death on the cross, and be resurrected from the dead three days later. Jesus satisfied God’s wrath against all sinners that receive this gift of grace through the regeneration of the Holy Spirit and faith in Christ alone, evidenced by genuine repentance and heartfelt obedience to God’s Word.
- The Church: We believe the Church is the body of Jesus Christ, consisting of all regenerated persons throughout history. We believe visible expressions of this universal body are to be established, each of which is free from external authority and ultimately accountable to Jesus and His Word.